Dr. Rashid Aziz
SpecialityConsultant: Consultant Cardiothoracic-Surgeon Education: F.R.C.S.I -Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. F.R.C.S C.Th.-Intercollegiate Board UK and Ireland. C.C.S.D (Completion Certification of specialty doctor). M.B.B.S -Dow Medical College Karachi
Dr Rashid Aziz
Registration: Irish Medical Council Specialist Reg 19025
Memberships:European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS) CTSNET.
Dr Rashid has special Interests in:
- Revascularization surgery.
- Aortic surgery.
- Valvular surgery.
- Aortic and mitral valve repairs.
- Minimally invasive valve surgery
- Heart and lung transplant
- Assist devices in heart failure
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery vats major lung resections
- Teaching and training
- Over 16 years of experience in cardio thoracic surgery in the UK and Ireland. He has extensive experience in independently performing standard and complex adult cardiac and thoracic procedures. He has performed over 1500 cases independently, including mitral and aortic valve repairs. He has worked in centres of excellence and teaching institutes of cardiac and thoracic surgery in Ireland with exposure to thousands of standard and complex procedures.
- In depth experience in device therapy and transplantation for heart failure treatment, lung transplants, minimally invasive valve insertions, endovascular stent grafts for thoracic aortic diseases and TAVI.
- Over 10 years of experience in intensive care patient management.
- Over 12 years of teaching and training experience (university hospital).
Management & Leadership:
- Management & Leadership Course (Oxford Medical)
- Certificate in Healthcare Management U.C.D (2015)
Teaching and Training:
- Member of the faculty in Kings College Hospital London.